The school library is central to learning and plays a key role as a place for encouraging innovation, curiosity, and problem solving. Library is a catalyst for literacy and reading and for teaching and scaffolding inquiry learning. School libraries make a difference to students’ understanding and achievement and provide support for teaching and learning throughout the school. The school library is an important part of the school community and reflects and welcomes this community.
School library plays a key role in the cultural and social life of the school. It can be a central point for engagement with all kinds of reading, cultural activities, access to information, knowledge building, deep thinking and lively discussion..
Libraries store the energy that fuel the readers imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire readers to explore, achieve and contribute to improving our quality of life.
- School library is an important part of school community (Teachers and Students)
- It also plays a key role in enhancing the cultural and social life of the school students.
- Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar, at Visakhapatnam aims at encouraging collaborative learning and sharing of ideas, with its facility of a well stocked and spacious library.
- It stocks a total collection of about 6000 books to support students and staff.
- It also includes about 500 reference books and about 25 periodicals.
- Library is accessible to the students from Std. I to Std. X
- Books are issued to students from Std. VII to Std. X.
- Students of Std. I to VII have a library class every week.
- The library is managed by a librarian, an asst. librarian and an attendant.
- Library activities are presented every fortnight by the students in the school assembly. Students speak about famous authors, present book reviews and narrate stories.
- Apart from this, to encourage reading habits and to promote the participation of students, library week is conducted every academic year, wherein students come out with roleplays, skits, quiz on books and authors and many more. Book fair by various publishers is also organized.
“A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life”..